Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Music video Duet Editing Exercise - Evaluation

There are a few things that I learnt about fllming music videos while carrying out this task. One of those is that the best way to lip sync to a song is by singing the song loudly as if you were actually trying to sing it, because this gives a more authentic look to the way that your lips move in sync with the lyrics. One other thing is that it is easier to film one shot singing the entire song and then using the best parts and deleting the rest.

I have also learnt that when singing a duet the two singers need to work together and know what the other person is doing in order to portray a sense of chemistry to the viewer. 

There was not much that I learnt about the editing process as it is all basic editing skills that we already knew. However I did notice that it is slightly more time consuming than I expected especially getting our lips synced up with the lyrics of the song. 

I believe one major way in which our video could do with improvement is if we put more effort into our performance, which we would be abe to do better without people observing us such as we had when filming this task. Also having more than just three alternating shots so that it's not boring.                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment