Friday, 31 January 2014

Album Cover Analysis


I have chosen to analyse the cover for the album Nevermind by Nirvana, as I believe it is one of the best album covers created. The reason why I believe it is one of the best album covers created is because everybody knows it. No matter whether someone likes Nirvana or not, there is an extremely high chance that they know the image of the baby swimming with the dollar bill. The image is made to represent humanities obsession with materialistic possessions and that how even from a young age money starts to rule our lives. This album cover is so iconic that it in many cases it will be the first thing that comes to a persons mind when thinking of Nirvana and people appreciate it for the piece artwork that it is, as well as appreciating the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment